The UPDATE function on a multiple-form screen works the same as on a single-form screen.
Goal: Change the address for subscriber moorM1324 as follows:
Field - Entry
Address - P.O. Box 2001
Zip - 98004
All of the other fields are to remain unchanged.
1. Locate the subscriber record for Mary Moore.
2. Enter UPDATE mode to change the fields of the form.
3. Store the record with the STORE key <F5>.
4. Return to the blank subscriber entry form by selecting the FIRSTFORM function (i.e., press the GOLD key <F1> followed by the 1key).
Goal: Change the number of copies left for magazine rd from 12 to 24 for subscriber moorM1324.
1. Press the QUERY and FIND functions to locate the subscriber record for moorM1324.
2. Press the NEXTFORM key <F7> to proceed to the form where subscriptions are entered.
3. To locate the rd magazine record, enter QUERY mode and type rd in the field labeled Magazine. Press the FIND key <F3>.
4. Enter UPDATE mode to change the number of issues left to 24.
5. Store the record by pressing the STORE key <F5>.
6. Return to the subscribers entry form by executing the FIRST-FORM function (i.e., press the GOLD key <F1> followed by the 1 key).