The process for implementing multiple company consolidation is as follows.
1) Install C/Books.
2) Create a consolidated set of books for the holding company.
3) Create a set of books for each additional subsidiary company.
4) Set up beginning balances for each company.
5) Run trial close process on each subsidiary company.
6) Run trial close process on the holding company.
7) Run final close process on each of the subsidiary companies.
8) Run final close process on the holding company.
9) Print consolidated financial reports.
Steps 5 through 9 are repeated at the end of each period.