After the Standard Deduction file, Employee file, Employee Deduction file, and the past history of each employees' pay and deduction records have been set up, the following procedure is used to pay employees.
1. Select Labor hours from the Data Entry, Payroll menu. Enter labor hours for all hourly employees. Enter overtime hours for salaried employees (regular hours for salaried employees do not need to be entered).
2. Run Calculate payroll from the Data Entry, Payroll menu. This process creates the pay vouchers to be paid by the payroll checks. Vouchers are created for hourly employees with labor hour records. Vouchers are created for all salaried employees.
3. Run Make payroll pay list from the Data Entry, Payroll Payments menu.This process builds a pre-check list which can be edited. This list is used to print the checks.
4. Print Current payroll list on the Data Entry, Payroll Payments menu.This report prints the pre-check list. Examine this list for errors. Make changes to this list by selecting Edit pay list from the Data Entry, Payroll Payments menu.After making changes to the pre-check list, print the Current payroll list report again. Repeat this process until you are satisfied with the pre-check list.
5. Print checks by selecting Print payroll checks from the Reports, Payroll Payments