The Payroll System was designed to be extremely flexible and totally table driven. Because of this, there are several tables that must be set up prior to using the Payroll System. Reasonable defaults are given in this chapter, and the user may make adjustments to suit per-sonal tastes and needs.
The steps listed below should be followed in setting up the Payroll System:
1. Enter payroll frequencies.
2. Enter pay rate multipliers.
3. Enter standard deductions.
4. Enter standard deduction names.
5. Enter employee information and deductions.
6. Enter pay history for each employee.
The payroll frequencies, pay rate multipliers, and the standard deduction names are entered from the System Setup menu displayed below: